The Coalition of Visionary Resources (COVR) is governed by volunteer members, nominated and elected to form a Board of Directors consisting of different facets of the Mind/Body/Spirit community. Each elected member serves a three-year term.
In order to be nominated and serve as a member of the Board of Directors, the following eligibility requirements must be met:
- At least 25 years of age on the date of the election.
- A member of COVR in good standing for one year prior to election OR an employee for at least one full year of a company that is a COVR member in good standing.
- Have attended at least one annual COVR all-members meeting OR will attend before the beginning of elected term.
- Not an owner, manager, or employee of a company where another current Director is also employed. Only one representative of a COVR member company may be elected to the Board of Directors at any given time.
Board of Director’s responsibilities:
- Able to attend quarterly meetings of the Board (by telephone or video conference) as well as any all-members or special meetings that may be called.
- Be an active participant in the management and success of COVR and its members, as well as the Mind/Body/Spirit community.
- Respond to COVR-related communications, such as emails or phone calls, in a timely manner.
- Strive to uphold the integrity of COVR and the responsibility to its members at all times.
- Adhere to and work to further the Mission of COVR and the Mind/Body/Spirit industry.
- Directors are encouraged to join or chair the various committees of COVR and to take an active role in the organization.