Welcome to the 2021 COVR Visionary Awards! This year’s awards are chaired by COVR Board Vice President Alex Fernandez.
We encourage you to read the following rules closely, study the product categories, complete your application carefully, and submit timely your application, fee, and product sample(s). NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. There will be no exceptions for late submissions for any reason.
There are several new product categories. Please note that COVR can neither advise nor assist applicants in selecting categories or in placing their entry.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. Because of the volume of calls we often receive during the Awards process, please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org rather than calling us. We will do our best to respond promptly.
2021 COVR VISIONARY AWARDS SCHEDULE
- The schedule for submitting products and announcing results has changed. The 2021 timeline for the COVR Visionary Awards will be as follows:
- February 1, 2021 Entries open
- March 31, 2021* Entries close — Entry forms and product samples must be received by COVR by March 31, 2021. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- April 6, 2021 Voters’ Guide published
- April 9, 2021 Voting opens
- April 30, 2021 Voting closes
- May 10, 2021 Finalists will be notified by email
- Winners announced at the COVR Visionary Awards Virtual Ceremony on June 12, 2021 at 7pm Eastern/4pm Pacific.
*Entry deadline extended to March 31, 2021 due to the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic.
- OVERARCHING RULE: WHETHER A PRIOR ENTRY WINS IN ANY CATEGORY OR NOT, IT MAY NOT BE ENTERED AGAIN IN ANY CATEGORY EXCEPT ICONIC, EVEN IN THE CASE OF SUBSTANTIALLY REVISED, UPDATED, OR LATER EDITIONS. This includes books, products, music, jewelry or content that has been revised, updated, re-released or later editions, even if released under a new publishing company or imprint. Please refer to the 2021 COVR Visionary Awards entry form for further clarification.
- ENTRY INFORMATION: You may not enter an entire product line, series, or brand; each submission must consist of a single product, item, or body of work (with the exception of the Book Series category). Please choose your samples, product photos, URL’s, and entry information carefully. Once submitted, all entries are final. COVR will not edit or update entry information. This includes names and spelling. All information will be copied exactly as it is submitted on the entry form. THERE WILL BE NO CHANGES TO PHOTOS OR LINKS ONCE ENTRIES HAVE CLOSED.
- ENTRY LINKS: Entrants are responsible for maintaining all submitted URL’s. COVR will not fix, change, republish, or edit any entries whose URL’s include broken links. We encourage all entrants to submit links where voters may view and/or purchase the submitted product or media.
- ICONIC CATEGORIES: New or previous entries or revised or re-released or updated editions may enter the Iconic category according to the copyright year, but may only be entered one time into the Iconic category. Please note that Iconic entries are not eligible for People’s Choice, Industry Choice, or ‘Of the Year’ awards. Entries submitted as Iconic products must have been introduced to the commercial market in 2017 or earlier.
- VISIONARY CATEGORIES: Entries placed in the Visionary categories cannot enter any other categories.
- ELIGIBLITY DATES: Applicants may submit books and products with a copyright and release date of either 2018, 2019, or 2020. Audio & Visual submission must have been in existence through 2020. Any submission not available to the commercial market during or before these dates will not be accepted for the 2021 COVR Visionary Awards.
- JEWELRY PRODUCT SAMPLES: Entries in Jewelry categories can be returned after they have been displayed at INATS in June but entrants must pay for return postage. 2021 UPDATE: Since INATS is a Digital Expo this year, Jewelry entrants may submit a photo sample of their item and do not need to send a physical sample.
- AUDIO & VISUAL CATEGORY: This category was previously called ELECTRONIC MEDIA and MUSIC. This category now includes digital products, film, and sound products in electronic form (previously included in Music).
- AUDIO & VISUAL SAMPLES: All digital media must include a link to a sample of the submission. Please do not send or attach audio files.
- BOOK SERIES: You may not re-enter any book or book series that has been entered previously (in whole or in part), even if it was entered independently or before the completion of its series.
- INELIGIBLE ENTRIES: Any submission deemed ineligible by COVR will not be accepted. Any samples will not be returned once received.
- WINNER’S EVENT*: Winners will be announced at the COVR Visionary Awards Digital Event in June. You will be notified in advance by email if you are a finalist. *Any changes due to the ongoing COVID-19 global pandemic will be communicated via email.
- STICKERS AND STATUES: Applicants agree that if they are selected for an award they may not create their own winner stickers or statues or their awards will be revoked without notice. There will be an optional charge for awards statues, award seals, and an optional licensing fee for use of the COVR digital awards image when imprinted on the product itself. By entering the COVR Visionary Awards, entrants agree to all these terms and conditions.
- COVR MEMBERSHIP: All entrants should consider joining COVR prior to entry and prior to voting. COVR votes are weighted to account for 60% of the total votes and often determine the outcome of each category of entries. A large number of public, non-COVR votes cannot overcome a shortage of COVR votes; therefore, we encourage each entrant to consider joining COVR. Membership benefits are substantial and are discussed on this website. The voting rules and procedures are also discussed on the Awards menu above.
- INTERNATIONAL ENTRANTS OUTSIDE THE U.S.A.: Please contact COVR regarding your samples and mailing information.
Revised March 2, 2021