There are some significant changes to the COVR Visionary Awards in 2018. These changes have been implemented to widen the field and create greater opportunity for entrants. COVR hopes that as a result of these changes more Mind/Body/Spirit authors, artists, jewelry designers, and musicians may gain recognition for their work. Although we have added many new categories, combined a few, and re-defined others, we welcome your suggestions, ideas, and comments for categories in future years. Please email your ideas and input to email@example.com.
Because of the volume of calls we often receive during the Awards process, please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org rather than calling us. We will do our best to respond promptly.
The following are a summary of this year’s changes, but we encourage you to read the rules closely, study the product categories, complete your application carefully, and timely submit your application, fee, and product sample. There will be no exceptions for late submissions for any reason.
- The schedule for submitting products and announcing results has changed. The 2018 timeline for the COVR Visionary Awards will be as follows:
- February 1, 2018 Entries open
- March 16, 2018 Entries close
- April 1, 2018 Voting opens
- April 20, 2018 Voting closes
- June 16, 2018 Winners announced at the COVR Visionary Awards Event at INATS. See www.inats.com for more information.
- Applicants may submit books and products with a copyright date of either 2015, 2016 or 2017.
- Category winners may not enter the same product or title again, except in the case of substantialy revised or later editions. Those winners might be elegible for the Iconic Products category instead. Please refer to COVR Visionary Product Categories on our website for clarification.
- Revised editions, expanded editions, or “anniversary editions” are eligible if they present substantial new content. Entrants under this rule must present a prior version and the newly revised version and demonstrate where the new content exists.
- Books or other products or content that are re-published under a new publishing company or imprint can be entered as iconic products or as a new product if it has been redesigned or issued as a second or later edition.
- Products submitted as iconic products must have been introduced to the commercial market in 2014 or before.
- There are new many new product categories. Please note that COVR can neither advise nor assist applicants in selecting categories.
- Winners will be announced at the COVR Visionary Awards Event, which will take place at the International New Age Trade Show on June 16, 2018. You will be notified in advance if you are a finalist. Finalists should plan to attend or arrange for another person to accept any award on your behalf.
- There will be an additional charge for awards statues and a licensing fee for use of the COVR digital awards image when imprinted on the product itself.
- Applicants agree that if they are selected for an award they may not create their own winner stickers or statues.
Revised January 20, 2018