The Coalition of Visionary Resources was formed in 1996 as a non-profit trade organization that helps facilitate and support business in the Mind Body Spirit industry. We are here to help independent retailers, authors, manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, and publishers of visionary books, music, and merchandise. COVR also welcomes conscious-based individuals or companies who demonstrate an active interest in Mind Body Spirit markets such as artists, authors, musicians, and speakers.
The Coalition of Visionary Resources (COVR) is a not-for-profit trade organization dedicated to supporting independent retailers, manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, and publishers of visionary books, music, and merchandise.
It is our intention to provide service and support on a business-to-business basis. We are member helping members within the retailer and wholesaler community in the visionary, New Age, metaphysical, alternative healing, and spiritual industries. Included in our membership are consciousness-based individuals or companies who demonstrate an active interest in supporting our market grow, succeed, and expand.
COVR Member Benefits supports embrace a spiritual world view characterized by global concern, social conscience, peaceful coexistence, and ecological sustainability. This world view includes the various forms of personal freedoms and human rights, including civil rights, peace, social justice, and equal rights for women. At the more personal level, COVR supports companies that emphasize creativity and personal growth, and generally hold in high regard the concepts of integrity, altruism, self-actualization, optimism, spirituality, authenticity, holism, and direct personal experience.
What are Visionary Resources?
Visionary Resources are spiritually uplifting products and services that in some way nourish or celebrate the human spirit while making the world a better place. Common examples include products and services that are used for personal growth, instill knowledge and enlightenment, encourage healing and harmony, and support self help. Products can take the form of jewelry, gifts, home decor, books, and music.
COVR member businesses merchandise, books, music or services
- For personal growth
- To instill knowledge and enlightenment
- To encourage healing and harmony
- For self help, alternative health, spirituality, and meditation
- Who provide spiritually uplifting products in the form of jewelry, gifts, home decor, books, and music
- Offer radio shows for higher awareness or holistic or green living
- Provide support for web sites, marketing and publicity
Who are COVR Members?
COVR members are divided into four different membership categories:
- Retailers – brick and mortar store or online retailer selling to consumers
- Vendors – businesses such as publishers, manufacturers, and distributors who derive most of their income from selling to “retailers” and not consumers
- Artist/Author/Musician/Speaker – can be one or all of the professions collectively named; their careers and or named businesses are built around their professions
- Associated Services – all members that do not fall into the other listed categories; can be practitioners, magazines, publicists, or a business that has a connection to the industry.
Vendors and Retailers
COVR is primarily made up of members who are vendors or retailers.
Vendors are people or companies who sell to retailers including:
- Sales reps
- Book publishers
Retailers include many types of stores that deal in spirituality and New Age products, such as:
- New Age and metaphysical stores
- Crystal shops (gems & minerals)
- Spiritual stores and centers
- Yoga studios
- Buddhist, Hindu, earth-centered philosophies, Wiccan, pagan, and more
- Recovery-focused stores or centers
- Wellness and holistic spas
- Goddess-centered stores
- Unique gift stores
- Alternative lifestyle stores
- Catalog sales
Consciousness-based and visionary individuals or companies
- Radio shows
- Web site and internet-based businesses
- National trade magazines
- National and regional consumer magazines
COVR Board of Directors
The COVR Board of Directors serves on a volunteer basis to advance the cause of Visionary Retailers and Vendors. Click Here to Meet The Board