COVR Visionary Awards

Each year COVR gives Visionary Awards to entries selected from among the best products in the Mind Body Spirit industry. Our Visionary Awards are the only awards of their kind in our industry. Our retailers are passionate about new products, the next best seller, and the next undiscovered gem. Help them find you and give them a reason to put your book, jewelry, music, or product in their stores.

Summary of changes

There were some significant changes to the Visionary Awards in 2016.

  • The schedule for submitting products and announcing results has changed.
  • You must submit your entry online. The old paper form is no longer available.
  • You will submit only one product sample.
  • There are new “Iconic” categories for products launched in previous years.
  • The system of judging has changed.
  • You do not need to join COVR to enter.
  • There are no plans for an awards banquet.
  • There will be an additional charge for awards statues.

How does it work?

Here is a simple, bare-bones overview of the Visionary Awards process:

  1. Creators, vendors, and publishers submit their best new products introduced in the previous year.
  2. Judges and voters score the submissions in each category.
  3. COVR compiles the results. The entry with the highest score in each category is the Winner. The products with the second and third highest scores are Finalists.
  4. COVR announces the Winners.

How do I enter the awards?

  • Check the calendar to see what day entries open for your category.
  • Fill out the entry form online. You will submit this form and a high-resolution graphic file of your product, along with your entry fee of $75 per product per category.
  • Ship one product sample to the COVR Office.
  • Make sure all your materials arrive before the closing date.
  • The day before voting begins, you will receive a link to share with your customers for voting.
  • Organize a social media campaign to publicize your entry and ask your fans to vote for your product.

Enter the COVR Visionary Awards now (see the calendar, below)


Voting in the Visionary Books and Visionary Music categories ended March 5, 2017. Winners will be announced March 20th. Entries in the Visionary Products and Jewelry categories open April 1, 2017.

See the calendar for the 20th Annual COVR Awards (2017) here.


The COVR Board reviews the awards categories each year and makes adjustments to assure we are keeping up with industry trends. The categories for 2017 are expected to be similar to the categories for 2016. See the awards categories here.


The COVR Visionary Awards are judged by both the retail members of COVR and the general public. Votes from COVR’s retail members count 60 percent toward the total score. Votes from the general public make up the other 40 percent.

This was a change from last year from previous years. The change is intended to give you more opportunity to leverage the marketing potential of your entry by conducting a social media campaign that draws your audience to vote for your product.

More information

Awards Graphic

Our Visionary Award program is the most significant way we have to celebrate and promote the best of the best in our industry.

Revised January 1, 2017