Visionary Award Entry Rules
- The purpose of the COVR Visionary Awards is to showcase the best new products of the previous year to retailers. Any product designed for the Mind Body Spirit community and introduced to the marketplace in the previous calendar year is eligible for a Visionary Award.
- Entries must have been new to the marketplace in the previous calendar year. Generally, the copyright date of book and music entries determines when the product was new, but if entries contain a printed statement that the first printing date is different from the copyright date, COVR uses the printing date. Books that were first printed in another language are eligible if the first English language edition is copyright (or first printed) in the previous year. No revised editions, expanded editions, or “anniversary editions” are eligible. In the event the date is uncertain or ambiguous COVR’s decision is final
- Entries must be products available to retailers for purchase at a wholesale price. Entries may not be one-of-a-kind.
- All entries must be submitted online using the COVR Visionary Awards Entry form for the current year.
- The deadline for entries is published on the COVR website. Entry form, entry fee, graphic file, and product sample must be received in the COVR Office by that date. Entries that are incomplete after the announced date will be disqualified.
- All entries must include an electronic graphic of the entry in *.jpg or *.tiff format. Images should be approximately 3”x 5” (300 dpi). COVR cannot scan your products. Please note that COVR cannot accommodate slide shows, *.pdf, *.png, *.bmp, and other graphic formats. The submitter grants COVR a perpetual license to use the product name, creator, description, and graphic image in its awards marketing materials.
- All entries must include a product sample. All product samples, including disqualified entries and extra copies, become the property of COVR. Samples will not be returned. Product literature submitted with an entry will be discarded. It does not become part of the entry.
- If any category does not receive enough entries for a valid competition, COVR will offer the submitter an opportunity to choose an another category, if possible. If an entry cannot be re-categorized, COVR will refund the submission fee and return the product sample at COVR’s expense. COVR reserves the right to determine the number of entries required for a valid competition.
- Entries are judged by combination of professional retailers and industry experts throughout the U.S. and Canada who have experience with that category, and public opinion.
- Winners will be announced according to a schedule posted on the COVR website.
- Award statues and certificates are available from COVR for an additional cost. The style of the award statues may vary from year to year because of limited availability. COVR makes no guarantees about the design of the awards.
- COVR’s decisions are final. For example, COVR reserves the right to reject any entry on the ground of unsuitability for the industry or for COVR’s awards, to determine whether an entry is appropriate for a particular category, to determine whether an entry can be re-categorized, to determine whether COVR’s deadlines have been met, to determine whether there are sufficient entries in a category to create a viable competition, to cancel an announced category if in COVR’s opinion there are insufficient entries, and to determine the meaning and application of these rules.
Revised January 1, 2016