COVR Visionary Award Categories
COVR reviews the award categories each year and makes adjustments to assure we are keeping up with industry trends. See the 2017 calendar for entries here.
Books (2017 Final)
- Alternative Science Books – Books about emerging science, including ancient mysteries, archaeology, paranormal phenomena, parapsychology, psychology, Enneagram, and UFO’s.
- Autobiographical and Biographical Books – Books about personal experience or that tell a biographical story.
- Children’s and Teen’s Books – Books written specifically for children and teenagers.
- Coloring Books – Books with pictures intended for coloring as a tool for centering, meditation, or relaxation.
- Contemporary Spirituality Books – Books that include material about Eastern religions, Kabbalah, alternative Christianity, angels, and other alternative philosophies and spiritualities.
- Divination Books – Books about divination systems, such as astrology, Tarot, runes, oracles, pendulums, numerology, palmistry, dowsing, and games. Note: If the book is packaged with a product, use the Divination or Tarot product category.
- Earth Justice & Social Justice (new in 2017) – Books about the environment and social issues.
- Feng Shui Books – Books about Feng Shui, Vaastu, sacred space, and other spatial energy systems.
- Health and Healing Books – Books that promote optimum health, including Ayurveda, Reiki, herbalism, crystals and stones, and holistic practices, including yoga, mudras, akido, tai chi, xi gong, and Tantra.
- Iconic Books – Books published in a previous year that continue to be popular.
- Personal Growth & Self Help Books (renamed in 2017) – Books that inspire, explore or promote mindfulness and consciousness, personal growth, intuitive development, self-help, how-to, and addiction and co-dependency.
- Pets and Animals Books – Books about pets, animals, and animal communication.
- Reincarnation, Death, and Dying Books – Books about reincarnation, the afterlife, death, dying, and grieving.
- Shamanism and Wicca Books – Books about Wicca, paganism, shamanism, spirit guides, earth-based practices, indigenous and world religions, as well as magick and ritual, including spells, incantations, candles, crystals, stones, and potions.
- Visionary Fiction Books – Fiction books with metaphysical, paranormal, or spiritual content.
Music (2017 Final)
- Frequency & Transformational Music – Music CDs designed to change an inner state or shift consciousness.
- Guided Meditations (moved in 2017) – CDs and DVDs with guided meditations, with or without music.
- Iconic Music – Music CDs and DVDs produced in a previous year that continue to be popular.
- Meditation Music – Music CDs designed for meditation or relaxation, including chants, and nature sounds.
- Multimedia Music – DVDs that combine music with images designed for meditation or relaxation.
- Sound Healing Music – Music CDs designed for body work or healing.
- Visionary Music – Music CDs targeted to the Mind Body Spirit community.
- World Fusion Music – Music CDs influenced by world cultures or cross-cultural fusions, such as Celtic, African, Indian or other international influences.
Products (2017 Draft)
- Aroma Products – Products designed to uplift the spirit through scent, including incense, aromatherapy, candles, essential oils, etc.
- Charms and Talismans – Products designed to be carried for inspiration, luck, and protection.
- Divination Products – Products designed for divination, such as runes, oracles, pendulums, dowsing, numerology, and games. Note: For Tarot products, use the Tarot Products category.
- Guided Meditation Products – CDs and DVDs with guided meditations.
- Herbs, Teas, and Herbal Products – Products relating to herbs and herbal arts, such as herbs, teas, and other herbal products.
- Home Décor, Clothing, and Textile Products – Products designed for personal wear, or for home or garden decoration, such as statues, figurines, chimes, and wall hangings.
- Iconic Products – Products created in a previous year that continue to be popular.
- Inspirational Products – Products designed to engage the mind or inspire and uplift the buyer, such as charms, greeting cards, posters, self-help, etc.
- Instructional Products – CDs and DVDs designed for instruction or self-help.
- Manifestation Products – Products designed to focus intention, such as spell kits, ritual objects, intention candles, and aids to visualization.
- Paper Products – Products created from paper, such as greeting cards and posters.
- Personal Products – Products designed to engage the body, such as healing, massage, yoga materials, stones, crystals, etc.
- Tarot Products – Products based on the Tarot, including tarot decks. Note: For Tarot books not packaged with a Tarot deck, use the Tarot Books category. For other types of divination use the Divination Books or Divination Products category.
- Visionary Products – Products targeted to the Mind Body Spirit community.
Electronic (2017 Draft)
- Blogs (new in 2017) – Internet content published regularly that centers on Mind / Body / Spirit topics.
- Podcasts and Radio Shows (new in 2017) – Internet programming that centers around Mind / Body / Spirit topics.
Jewelry (2017 Draft)
- Iconic Jewelry – Jewelry created in a previous year that continues to be popular.
- Jewelry with Stones – Jewelry composed of any type of metal together with precious or semi-precious stones.
- Metal Jewelry – Jewelry composed of non-precious metal, such as pewter and stainless steel, without stones.
- Precious Metal Jewelry – Jewelry composed of precious metals such as silver, gold or platinum, without stones.
- Visionary Jewelry – Jewelry that does not fit into one of the other jewelry categories, such as beaded jewelry, fused glass jewelry, and other jewelry that does not contain metal or precious or semi-precious stones.
Need help choosing a category?
- See Choosing a Category.
Revised January 15, 2017